Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wonderful Fabric Shop I Found!

Ok... I just have to do this!

If anyone lives in Northeast Kansas I want to tell you about the most WONDERFUL Fabric Shop I found today. The name of it is Addadi's Fabrics and they've been in business since 1979.

It's in Overland Park, Kansas, 9629 W. 87th St. It's small, but absolutely stuffed with fabric. I found prints that I've never seen before. I usually shop at JoAnns or Hobby Lobby but not any more!

It's kind of a 'Mom n Pop' store and the couple running it (I assume the owners) were so nice and helpful. I bought 32 1/4 yards of assorted fabrics for $118.00.

Now let me tell ya... they had tons of civil war reproduction prints, and assorted quilting fabrics. They're 'normal' price was $4.99 a yard and this same fabric goes for $8 or more a yd. at JoAnns. They ended up giving me the fabric for $3.99 a yard.

I am just thrilled! Can't wait to churn out dollies dressed in my new fabrics~!

What a great day!
God Bless,
Penny

3 comments:

Prim's by Kim said...

Wooo sounds like you found a treasure =D Cant wait to see what you come up with, with your new fabrics. It's always fun seeing what a simple fabric swatch leads to.

Thanks for dropping me note on my blog, sure was needed =D

Hugs,

Kim

WoolenSails said...

What a great find, love stores like that.
We used to have a big fabric store and I got all my name brand fabrics from the bargain table, all under 3$ a yard. Plus they carried specialty fabrics that you couldn't find anywhere else, sure miss them. We do have a place that sells fabrics by the pound so I get my ticking there cheap.

Debbie

Naija said...

Cant wait to see what you come up with