Tuesday, January 29, 2008

EXTREME PRIMITIVES



I thought I'd share my newest creations with you all. God has DEFINITELY led me in a different direction. I had been knee deep in some nice, but very detailed and formal type dolls, like The Timekeepers. I was making the paperclay heads, feet, etc. I love making those...but God had different ideas for me.


For i know the plans i have for you, says the Lord...they are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


Jeremiah 29:11


Right after Christmas I was worried. My sales were at an all time low, and I wasn't the only one. It seems that our eBay was in a recession and we artisans were feeling the crunch. Everyone has had the same problems and complaints. I began to really, earnestly seek God's guidance about what He wanted for my future. The scripture above replayed itself over and over in my head and heart. I felt like I should just cruise the listings... that's what I call it when I look FOREVER at all the new prim listings and all the lovely things I cannot afford...LOL. Anyway.. I was just looking and PRAYING. I started noticing that the only things that were consistently being bid on were the extreme primitive dolls. Well.. there were (and still are) a very few who have a collector base who were still getting the high dollars, but in general....it was the extreme prims.


I tried my hand at a few last year, but lost interest fast. I thought, "Ok Lord, if that's what you're trying to tell me... I CAN DO THAT!" Since I have switched to the extreme prims for the majority of my listings I have had two RECORD SALES weeks in a row. PRAISE THE LORD!! I just needed to STOP, PRAY, and wait to hear from Him.
Have a lovely evening and God Bless!
Penny



1 comment:

*Linda Pinda* said...

There she is... Mary Kate.... LOVE HER TO BITS!!!!!

Penny: You are one of the most talented ladies I know and I know A LOT of talented ladies!!! But your truest gift is following where the Lord leads you. I pray that He continues to bless you with success in this wonderful line of precious dolls.

Hugs... *Linda*